An Exhibit of Work by Prindle and Richard Wissler
Our January and February exhibit features the life's work of Richard Wissler and his mother Prindle Wissler. Prindle was an educator and painter who produced from the 1940's until her death in 2012. Richard was the creative mind behind Frog Hollow in 1971. The first resident potter of the facility, Richard's work went through many phases over the course of his life and includes clay, metal and woodworking. A collection of work spanning both Richard and Prindle lives will be on display through the end of February.
Meet the Artist Opening Event
Friday, February 2, 2018 - 5-8PM
Opening is Free and Open to the Public
Click below to view a digital catalogue of our Jan/Feb 2018 "Wissler" Exhibit...
Calling All Emerging Artists!
Frog Hollow is currently accepting submissions for our 2nd Annual, Under 35, Emerging Artist show - “Fresh Perspective”. Opening event, April 6th, 2018. This Under 35 year olds, Emerging Artisans Show, will be open for submission from January 15, 2018 - February 15, 2018.
We will be choosing 1-3 works Per Medium. Exhibiting from April 1st - April 30th, 2018. This show is open to ALL Vermont residents 35 years and under who have been working in their medium for 5 years or less. Frog Hollow management will jury all works submitted.
Medium Submissions Include:
Painting, Illustration, Textile, Clay, Photography, Wood, Jewelry, Metal, Printmaking, Glass, Digital Art, Mixed Media.
- All Artisans MUST Be 35 or under.
- All works must be submitted via email to meredithfroghollow.org
- All works must be finished.
- All works must fit in our gallery safely.
- All works must include title, price, medium, handling instructions, etc.
- All works must be ready for display, framed and/or ready to hang, well labeled, and protected.
- All works must be for sale, understanding there is a 50% consignment rate.
- There Is No Fee For Submission.
- Must be submitted by February 15th, 2018
- Must live in Vermont (residency not required)
- We want to encourage all 35 and under Vermont Artisans to to create, and apply.
- Because we respect all Crafters and Artisans in our state, the top 50 applicants, will be featured in an online catalog created by us. This catalog will be published on the Frog Hollow Website on April 1st and on our social media sites.
- If chosen, A final choice will be made by Feb. 20th and announced publicly on March 1st.
- All excepted work needs to be at the gallery on Friday March 23rd.
- All work must be dropped off, ready to hang or display.
The Frog Hollow Green Mountain Artisans on VT PBS!
Frog Hollow Vermont State Craft Center
85 Church Street
Burlington, VT 05401
phone (802) 863-6458
Winter hours: Jan 10 – April 15
We will be closed all day Wednesday, Jan 17th for inventory
Monday - Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Sunday 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Summer and Fall hours: April 16 – Nov 27
Monday - Tuesday 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday - Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Sunday 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Holiday hours: Nov 28 – Jan 9
Monday - Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Sunday 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
If you can’t visit us in person, check out our online gallery! You are also welcome to call us anytime so we can help you find what you are looking for or email us at infofroghollow.org